Publication 1: “Cross sections for neutrino and antineutrino induced pion production on hydrocarbon in the few-GeV region using MINERvA”
Phys. Rev. D 94, 052005 (2016)
Publication 2: “Single neutral pion production by charged current antinu interactions on plastic scintillator at Enu ∼ 4 GeV”
Phys.Lett. B749 (2015) 130-136
Publication 3: “Charged Pion Production in nu_mu Interactions on Hydrocarbon at ⟨E_nu⟩= 4.0 GeV”
Phys. Rev. D 92, 092008 (2015)
These measurements all use the low energy NUMI beams (average neutrino energy of 3.5-4.0 GeV),
running in both neutrino and antineutrino configurations.
Publication 1 above has both pion and muon kinematics with derived quantities.
Publications 2 and 3 above emphasized pion kinematics.
Publication 1 extends publications 2 and 3, also supercedes data from publication 3.
- Data files (including the original charged and neutral pion production results updated with the published flux) can be found at the following location: latex file of cross sections as function of both muon and pion kinematics
- The new data superceding data from publication 3 are provided at this this link (pdf file).
A new publication with these new data is in preparation, please reference Publication 3 until the new reference is available.
Each file contains cross sections with statistical and systematic errors, a table of components
of the systematic error, and covariance matrices. These are given for:
- muon energy
- muon polar angle
- pion kinetic energy
- pion polar angle
- momentum transfer squared
- Neutrino energy
- For information on use of this MINERvA public data or for inquiries
about additional data not linked from this page, contact Trung Le, Carrie McGivern, and Steve Dytman or Kevin McFarland and Debbie Harris
- If you use data linked from this page, please reference the appropriate publications listed above.